Friday, June 19, 2009

The Stig is who?


I know that I don't want to know. Unfortunately I'm the kind of person who knows that when they don't want to know something but the idea of not knowing when other people know is unbearable enough to make we want to know.

An audience member present at the filming of the first episode of the thirteenth season of Top Gear is reported to have claimed that Michael Schumacher was revealed as the Stig.

If you were so inclined, I'm sure you could track the travel patterns of the former Formula One driver to establish the possibility of this being true but with the episode to due to go to air on BBC1 this Saturday in the UK it's surely not worth the effort.

It's too soon. I do wish that they had leaked this information (or an alternative) a month ago. A conspiracy theory needs time you build momentum, you see?

I still don't want to know. And this Saturday is too soon! Sure the antics of Clarkson and incredible writers of this show will remain brilliant, but you are taking something from me.

Check it out: http://jalopnik.com/5294802/the-stig-is-michael-schumacher?skyline=true&s=x




And briefly while we're on the topic of Top Gear... Who is allowing the quagmire that is the second season of Top Gear Australia to continue? The first wasn't enough? I was mortified to accidently stumble (with my fingers in the direction of the '3' button on my remote) across Steve Pizzati and Warren Brown Monday night. They were in the middle of challenging a guest, jazz legend James Morrison, to contribute something worthy of the primetime television slot they hold. Just stop it, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment